5:22 am to 5:42 am, 8:40 pm to 9:01 pm
Outdoor-64 degrees, light rain
No hurry. No pause.
- 20 minutes of continuous pedaling in a recumbent bike
- 25 minutes of intervals (walking and jogging)
- 50 surprise crunches ( see “accomplishments”)
50 surprise crunches after the evening workout.
Using google’s random number generator, I decided “even” numbers would result in 50 push-ups and “odd” numbers would result in 50 sit-ups.
The generator choose 9.
On the recumbent bike I listened to:
48 hours after two days of jogging and walking the outside of my left thigh is still sore.
My right ankle feels better in motion. When I sit for an extended period the right ankle grows stiff.
My body responded well to the morning bike session. The morning soreness, except for my left thigh, subsided by the end of the 20 minute session.
The evening session was frustrating. The interval training did not go as planned. Jogging tonight was difficult for two reasons:
- My left thigh is still sore.
- My brain must have been using a dial-up modem to send my body messages because the jogging was slow and, at times, the connections were erratic.
Quote I’m Thinking about Today:
“Anything unreflective will deprive itself of light.”- Marcus Aurelius
“The man turns back to the mirror. His eyes are deep blue like the child’s. Below his soft chest, beats the heart of a child–boundless and wild. A heart that yearns to play outside again. To run, jump, tackle, and swing. To sweat, to bleed, to get dirty again. A heart that is much younger then the body that holds it.”